Experis is looking for a Sr. Java Developer. This position will be responsible for supporting the design and development of high availability and redundant applications deployed in a multi-tier clustered environment.
5+ years of experience directing the software development process from requirements gathering through deployment and maintenance.
6+ years of experience with object-oriented analysis and design concepts and techniques.
6+ years of experience designing and developing Web based applications using Java technologies such as J2SE, Swing, JDBC, Java Servlets, JSP; application servers such as Tomcat, Jboss, or other;Web Services (SOAP, REST).
6+ years of experience in relational databases such as Postgresql, MySQL, or Oracle.
Experience using JUnit and other related testing frameworks
Experience working in a collaborative environment using tools such as SVN and build tools such as Ant
Ability to lead, mentor and supervise a team; ability to communicate effectively orally and through writing.
Must have sound knowledge of Software Design Principles, Software Development Life Cycle, Design Patterns, Coding Practices, Emerging Technologies
Effectively leads a team and guides them to achieve established goals
Displays Professional image of self and company
Able to verbally communicate with internal and external customers, close-up vision (computer work), and fine hand coordination in repetitive tasks and motions (typing)
Mentor and supervise code development of 1 Mid-level and 2 Junior Java developers.
Essential Functions / Job Duties (please list as numbered statements):
1. Direct the design and development of web-based & desktop applications, that meet the requirements of the stakeholders, with adherence to the established development practices and quality standards
2. Collaborate with Director of Technology, other senior developers and system administrators in designing, developing and maintaining a robust, reliable, scalable and highly available system
3. Work with Project Managers in identifying software requirements, estimating resources and establishing software release schedules
4. Work with senior developers responsible for other components of the system to ensure a smooth and reliable integration of system components resulting in the expected end-to-end system functionality
5. Work with System Administrators and other technical support personnel in ensuring suitable environments and resources are available for development, testing and deployment
6. Responsible for periodically reviewing and enhancing the software development practices to ensure timely deliverance of high quality software and services
7. Work with SQA personnel in ensuring and enhancing software quality
8. Work with Data Services personnel to ensure that the software meets the expected data requirements
9. Assist in recruitment of new software development personnel
10. Mentor and supervise code development of mid-level and junior developers.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)